ZEUS.blog

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Music

It looks like this semester is going to be great for music at grinnell. We're having some great bands this time and I'm really beginning to wonder how much pot they had to sell to make all that damn money. Oh wait, we have a huge endowment that we don't use but decide to raise tuition anyway. Oh yeah. Bastards...


Anyway, Happy Apple, a great jazz trio, is coming. The books are coming. And... guess what? Built to Spill is now officially booked, courtesy of my dear friend Kelsey. She noticed that they were going to be in Chicago this spring, emailed concerts and they hooked it up. So that's fantastic. Also, Iron and Wine is going to be in Chicago sometime in April, so maybe I could get there to see that? That would be fun. We did have Dead Prez booked, which is weird because they really hate whitey and there's a lot of whitey in Iowa, I guess that's why they cancelled. Oh, and I forgot, Cake is coming too. That's right, aggressively mediocre Cake. How can you hate Cake? You can't, that's how. Same goes for fans, there are no diehard Cake fans, just people that go to Cake concerts because Cake is pretty cool. So, it should be an entertaining semester.


My sister is engaged. The wedding will be October 15th in Georgia. Man, I did not see that one coming. Oh well, I'm happy for her and will definitely be attending the wedding, and apparently playing a role? Cool. I love cake. The frosted kind that is. You probably thought I went back on what I said earlier, didn't you? No, I mean the non-capitalized type of cake. See: cake = delicious, Cake = probably not delicious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home